Learning the Art of Intercession is our Beginner Level in the School of Prayer. This level is appropriate for you if the following three statements hold true regarding your current prayer life – you have a good grasp of prayer fundamentals but desire to learn more. Certain elements of effective prayer remain unclear to you. For example: What kind of prayers does God answer? Or, how can I be sure God is listening to my prayers? You want a more disciplined and consistent prayer life with real focus but you’re not exactly sure how to achieve it.
If the above best describes your prayer life then Learning the Art of Intercession is for you! If not, please see our other two online courses .
Each lesson is approximately 1 hour in length
- Lesson 1 – Understanding Prayer: This lesson is aimed at teaching the basic principles of prayer. You will learn the how, when and why of prayer. Further, you will discover how to overcome common hindrances to developing effective prayer habits.
Understanding Prayer practical training exercise: Our prayer facilitator will guide you through the learned material in a practical way so that you have a greater understanding of newly acquired knowledge.
- Lesson 2 – The Different Forms of Prayer: This lesson will familiarize students with the various forms of prayer. You will experience different models of prayer aimed at producing specific, targeted results. The prayer of intercession, the prayer of worship, and the prayer of faith are some of the prayer types to be explored.
The Different Forms of Prayer practical training exercise: Our prayer facilitator will model and guide for you examples of the various forms of prayer giving you a practical understanding of how to incorporate these models in your own prayer life.
- Lesson 3 – The Keys to Answered Prayer: This lesson is designed to provide students with proven strategies for success in prayer. You will explore Jesus’ instructions regarding the fundamental approaches to prayer. The instructor will help students discover how to align their hearts with the heart of God concerning His will and purposes.
The Keys to Answered Prayer practical training exercise: Why does God answer some prayers and not others? The prayer facilitator will help you align and model your prayer(s) around the biblically centered formula of answered prayers.
- Lesson 4 – Moving Heaven through Prayer: This lesson is intended to increase your awareness of the powerful dimensions of prayer. Students will discover the impact of answered prayer in the earth realm and how heaven’s answers affect our lives in a broader, societal level.
Moving Heaven through Prayer practical training exercise: How does one move or influence a heavenly response through our earthly prayers? The prayer facilitator will guide you biblical steps in moving heaven through prayer.
- Lesson 5 – The Purpose of Intercession: In this lesson, intercession is clearly defined along with the significance of meeting with God. The role of the intercessor is thoroughly explored and students learn essential details about the enemy of intercession.
The Purpose of Intercession practical training exercise: If God answered every one of your prayers would your world change or would The World change? What is the purpose of intercession and how do you model God’s heart in your prayer(s)? This will be the focus of the practical prayer exercise.
- Lesson 6 – The Character and Lifestyle of an Intercessor: This lesson is aimed at helping students gain an understanding of how effective intercessors manage their lives. Prayer habits of powerful intercessors and their best practices are researched and studied during this lesson.
The Character and Lifestyle of an Intercessor practical training exercise: How should an intercessor live? Equally important what are the prayer(s) an intercessor should pray regarding their own lifestyle and character traits? This will be the focus of the practical training exercise.
About the Instructor
Dr. David Ireland, Ph.D
Is the founder and lead pastor of Christ Church, a multisite, multiracial congregation in northern New Jersey, USA. Dr. Ireland’s personal emphasis on prayer and intimacy with God has helped to grow his congregation from 6 people to over 8,000 individuals hailing from 70 different nationalities. He travels widely focusing on leadership development and teaching others about prayer and intercession. Dr. Ireland completed his graduate degree in theology at Alliance Theological Seminary, holds a Ph.D. in organizational leadership from Regent University, and received postdoctoral training from The University of Pennsylvania. More about Dr. David Ireland
In this course you will:
- learn the foundational aspects of prayer.
- learn why God answers some prayers but yet not others.
- understand how to achieve a more disciplined and consistent prayer life that honors God and fulfills the Lord’s mandate to pray.
- This course consists of 6 lessons and 6 prayer exercise. Each contains a video lecture along with a Learning the Art of Intercession prayer manual that contains 6 lessons for each corresponding lesson.
- This is a self-paced online course. At the end of this course the student will receive a certificate of achievement that proves you took the entire course.
This online course is available for only $55.00 which includes all video lesson, prayer manual and certificate of achievement.
*Payment is non-refundable